Visiting The Icelandic Horse Farm
Vernon offers a wide variety of accommodations including many motels and bed and breakfasts.
Bed and Breakfasts
- Falcon's Nest (250) 545-1759 Located about 20 minutes from the farm and has room for up to 27 guests and includes hot tub and swimming pool. Breakfast and supper available.
Apartments and Homes
- Riveroak Farm North Located less than a kilometer from our farm, this executive home has four bedrooms, 2 ½ baths and includes the use of the entire house with a well-equipped kitchen – self-catering, dogs welcome – fenced yard. This is a great choice for those who enjoy the camaraderie and social aspect of clinics. Guests often organize group meals and outings, not to mention a relaxing glass of wine out on the deck, taking in the pastoral views. Not suitable for people with pet allergies. Price: $40.00 per night per person for double occupancy. Contact us for details and booking.
- Christine's house in Vernon, just 20 minutes from the farm. $50.00 per night your own room, includes breakfast. Two rooms available, one with private bath, second room shares bath. Quiet area, dogs welcome. To book, please contact Christine.
Hotels & Motels
- Village Green Hotel, $99.00 (couple), 4801-27th St, Vernon, (250) 542-3321, 1-800-663-4433
- Best Western Villager Motel, 5121 27th St, Vernon (250) 549-2224, 1-800-528-1234
- Super 8, 4202-32nd St, Vernon (250) 542-4434
- Hillside Plaza, Kitchenette units - 2 beds. (250) 549-1211
- Holiday Inn Express, Vernon (250) 550-7777
It can get quite warm in the Okanagan in the summer, so please bring sun protection. We have a covered arena to work in to provide shade or shelter in the case of rain.
We require all riders to wear a helmet and shoes with a heel when riding. We have helmets available to borrow. We have close to 70 horses at our farm and our horses are trained to many different levels. We have a number of very seasoned, safe horses for inexperienced or fearful riders to use during the clinics. There is a weight limit of 200 lbs. for all riders using our horses.
Bringing Your Own Horse
We have 6 box stalls and a number of pens available for outside horses. Please make sure your horse is current on his vaccination. Board is $10.50 per night, which includes grass hay.
Drinks, healthy lunches and snacks are included in the price of clinics held at the Icelandic Horse Farm in Vernon. Please let us know if you have any special dietary requirements. Vernon offers a variety of nice restaurants for supper choices.
Deposits of $75.00 are due at time of booking. Balance is due 30 days before the date of clinic commencement. If booking more than 30 days before start of the clinic a post dated cheque or a credit card endorsement to cover the balance is required. To receive the Early Bird Discount payment in full must be received by the date noted.
All Clinics are subject to a $75.00 non-refundable deposit. If you cancel 90 or more days before the clinic commences you will be refunded the full amount less the deposit which may be applied to a clinic either this year or next. If you cancel between 89 and 60 days before the clinic commences, if your space can be filled, you will be refunded the full amount less the deposit. If your space cannot be filled there is no refund but you may transfer the amount to another workshop this year or next. If you cancel within 45 or less days from the start of the clinic no refund will be given but your fee can be applied to another workshop this year or next. No discounts are given for late arrival or early departure.
How to get to Vernon
If you are flying please book your ticket to KELOWNA (YLW), which is serviced from Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Seattle (SEA) and Los Angeles (LAX). A shuttle bus runs from the airport to Vernon for about $24.00 CDN where we can pick you up if you do not wish to rent a car. Greyhound buses run from Calgary (8 hours) or Vancouver (6 hours), Seattle is about 8 hours by car and Spokane a 6-hour drive should you wish to rent a car.
Coming from the US
Please bring a passport for problem-free re-entry into the US.